Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | RSS
A fruitful life is a life that produces good works such as positive thoughts, attitudes, words, and actions that are pleasing to God!
“When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my father.”
3 reasons why branches don’t produce fruit:
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we choose to remain in sin.
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we focus on riches and the worries of this life.
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we give into apathy (stop caring).
Sins that get people stuck:
- Unforgiveness “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” (Colossians 3:13)
- Immorality You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.” (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)
3 Degrees of Intervention:
- Rebuke “My son, do not…be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him.” (Hebrews 12:5)
- Chasten “For whom the Lord loves He chastens.” (Hebrews 12:5)
- Scourge “And scourges every son whom He receives.” (Hebrews 12:6)
“God whispers through pleasure but shouts through pain.” – C.S. Lewis
Key Question: What stops good people from cleaning up their act?
3 things that keep us from making changes:
- Misguided voices
What is the answer? Repentance ‘To turn around’