Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away.
(John 15:2a NASB)
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we choose to remain in sin.
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we focus on riches and this world.
- Fruitfulness is hindered if we give in to apathy.
- Stage One – God’s light discipline is called rebuke.
- Stage Two – God’s medium discipline is called chastening.
- Stage Three – God’s heavy discipline is called scourging.
All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.
(Hebrews 12:11 NASB)