Reference text: Numbers 13 & 14 (Moses sends twelve spies to Canaan.)
- Are the people strong or weak?
- Few or many?
- Is the land good or bad?
- Do the towns have walls?
- Bring back some fruit
- It is flowing with milk and honey.
- The people living there are powerful.
- The towns are large and fortified.
“But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it!””
Numbers 13:30 (NLT)
“But the other men who had explored the land with him disagreed. “We can’t go up against them! They are stronger than we are!””
Numbers 13:31 (NLT)
- Not one of these people will enter that land.
- They will not even see the land.
- The rebellious people will all die in the wilderness.
- Caleb will inherit the land.
What made Caleb different?
“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.”
Numbers 14:24 (NLT)