“”Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”
Matthew 5:8 NASB
The heart is the spiritual center of life. It is where the thoughts, desires, sense of purpose, and will to live reside.
- Having a singleness of heart toward God
- Single-minded commitment to God
“Who may climb the mountain of the LORD?
Who may stand in his holy place?
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,
who do not worship idols and never tell lies.”
Psalms 24:3-4 NLT
“Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.”
James 4:8 NLT
“And He said to him, “‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ This is the great and foremost commandment.”
Matthew 22:37-38 NASB
“For they shall see God.”
- What does it mean to be ‘pure in heart’?
- What is the promise for those who are ‘pure in heart’?
- How can we have a pure heart?